Friday, October 19, 2007

Inagural Post

Well I finally gave in. I have created my first blog; GIS Cogitations.

GIS: Geographic Information System
If you don't know what a GIS is move on, these aren't the droids you're looking for.
Cogitation: Cog-i-ta-tion
(kŏj'ĭ-tā'shən) n
1. Thoughtful consideration; meditation.
2. A serious thought; a carefully considered reflection.

I fully expect to have a minute existence in the global bogisphere. If by some chance others happen upon this blog I hope you find some useful information. Heck if you feel so inspired please feel free to comment on ramblings.

I do not expect posts to be regular or based on some compelling need to grace the world with my daily thoughts on GIS. Rather I will make additions when I am inspired, which is typically when there is a cool project going on at work, after reading an interesting article, or after returning from a conference, training, or presentation.

No comments: